Friday, October 24, 2008
1. I watched Say Yes to the Dress today and secretly (or not so secretly) yearned to wear my very own wedding dress in anticipation of next June. Does this make me crazy? Quite possibly...
2. I sweat so easily that I have to get ready with a fan pointed directly at me (most times). I'm not quite sure if its because I'm always in a darn rush to get ready, if my condo is abnormally warm, or if its just my metabolism but if I don't stand in front of a fan I will look as if I just came back from a quick run. Gross, I know.
3. I make scary sounds when I sleep. Only the very lucky few that have heard my sleeping sounds in person can attest to how indescribable it is (and how it can keep others in the room from sleeping). It's a cross between a repetitive cough, gag, and snoring and I THINK is triggered by allergies or cold temperatures. It must run in the family because the only other people that I know make the same sounds are my brother and my cousin, Dereck. (I now realize that this 6 Random Things List is slowly becoming a 6 Unattractive and Horrific Things List...)
4. I am allergic to coconut. Yes, its true. I have no desire to dip any of my filipino desserts in shredded coconut because I will make aforementioned sound (see item #3 above) 'til the end of eternity. Or I will go into anaphylactic shock.
5. I am incredibly indecisive. I've always known this about myself but not until I started planning my wedding and was faced with decision after crucial decision, did my indecisiveness thoroughly urk me. I used to think I was just being thorough and thoughtful but now its just another annoying trait that I wish I could get over.
6. And since this is Palmer's blog, after all, I'll make my last 'random fact' a doggie one. There have been two (and counting) instances where I've given into temptation and in the last moments of falling asleep have called Palmer into my bed. Granted, I've only done this on the last night before I'm due to change my sheets and I'm always sure Palmer lays on top of the flat sheet (so there is a layer between the two of us) with the comforter pulled down... but there is really nothing better than falling asleep with your precious pup cuddling with you through the night. And yes, Johnny was jealous (of me, not of Palmer).
The rules of tagging are:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
Tag Lina, Dereck, Genee, Cher, Janet and Jamie (couldn't link to your personal blog for some reason, so I linked to jacshoot blog, Jamie)! You're it!!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
A non-Palmer related post again... I was one of five winners from one of my regular wedding blog reads Blue-Eyed Bride! I submitted the photo above from Johnny's proposal and won a gift-certificate for a blurb.com photo book. My initial excitement came from actually winning something but after discovering that my picture and story were posted on the blog entry announcing the winners, I was happy that my story was shared with so many people. Johnny really went out of his way to plan a proposal I could never have dreamed up myself and he deserves all the compliments in the world! I am one lucky gal who's got one perfect proposal, a sweet sweet fiance, and now, a free photobook! Yay me!
Monday, October 6, 2008
This weekend we were watching TV and, as always, Palmer fell asleep on the couch. The cutest thing, though, was when we noticed he had his paw on Johnny's arm so he would know if Johnny ever got up to leave. Maybe I'm just projecting human emotion onto a dog, but that's what I like to think Palmer was doing. See for yourself...
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Earlier today, Johnny went back to Palmer's original adoption post and told me that after his initial shock at the pictures (is that really Palmer?!)... it hurt to read that Palmer caught the rescue group's eye because of his gentle demeanor in the middle of a chaotic and noisy dog shelter. The thought of our precious little pup in a cold, harsh shelter just kills! Not knowing his past is the hardest part because I'm sure if he could just talk for 1 minute to tell us where he's been and what he's been through, we'd know in an instance why he behaves the way he does.
One things for sure, Palmer is one high maintenance dog. I can't blame him if he's had the horrible experience our colorful imagination thinks he's had and is now in a loving home that he fears abandonment every day that I walk out the front door... or that when we're sitting on the couch, he begs to cuddle up next to us.... or that when Johnny's sitting on the carpet to watch TV or put on his shoes, he rests his head into his leg or climbs right into his lap. Why wouldn't you soak up all the lovin' that we have to offer? We have a lot of it to give! I wonder, are all rescue dogs like this? Do all rescue dogs come jaded and skeptical?
Probably not... but we love this lazy dog anyway!!